Friday, December 21, 2007

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A BABY CAN MAKE!


During this season, we’re reminded of the earth-shattering impact that a Baby born in Bethlehm has had on our world.

In my message on December 23, I’m summarizing the wonderful short story by Francis Bret Harte (1836-1902) entitled “The Luck of Roaring Camp.” Harte is the only American author who truly captured the wild atmosphere of the California gold rush days.

“The Luck of Roaring Camp”is a home-spun story that colorfully illustrates how one little baby can make a tremendous difference in the world.

In my message, my brief summary doesn’t do it justice, so I’ve provided a link to the full story for your reading pleasure. It will take you about 15 minutes to read, but you’ll be rewarded for your diligence in wading through the 19th Century language and phrasing.

ENJOY AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!


http://www.classicreader.com/read.php/bookid.810/sec./