Saturday, October 6, 2007

CAN FRED BEAT HILLARY?



I received the link at the end of this blog from a trusted friend, who sends me a lot of the good stuff that I’m able to share. It’s not a joke, it’s a real website that will ask your opinion about several moral/political issues. Once you’ve registered your answers, it will show you the candidate or candidates who most closely match your position. It’s not biased toward either political party or position.

It only took me about a minute, and the results showed that Fred Thompson most closely matched my positions. Hmmm. He is definitely a conservative politician, but I still have questions about his personal faith.

Has anyone reading this blog been able to find a quote or article about Fred Thompson being a follower of Jesus Christ? I’ve found that he was baptized in a Church of Christ in Tennessee, but that it doesn’t appear that he has attended church much as an adult. He married his second wife, Jerri, in a liberal United Church of Christ (which is as different from an ultraconservative Church of Christ” as grits are from waffles).

Take the test yourself, and let me know which candidate matches your convictions.

By the way, it’s EASY to leave a comment. You don’t have to register or leave your name, you can comment as “anonymous” if you like.

Here’s the link:
http://www.wqad.com:80/Global/link.asp?L=259460